Friday 26 October 2012

Punctuation

Just a draft really. Enjoy!

Punctuation:

You and me

Are like a

Sentence that doesn’t fit

In the rhyme

Or a story with no ending.

We forgot to capitalise

So now theirs no beginning

Of us, our story

Just useless words and pain.

We did not use commas

So now we can’t take breaks

We can’t go apart

To much empty space.

There are no quotation marks for us

To mark who said what

Does it matter if I said I love you?

If No one can remember it.

I didn’t think to use full stops

So we drag on and on

No definitive ending

Just looks and tears and aching hearts

No exclamation marks were needed

It’s not as if we shouted

All you did was walk away

From me and you and us

We forgot everything

To giddy with our love story

To bother to correct ourselves

And we dammed the

Consequences

The only thing used too much

Is the symbol that determines us

The question mark, it’s far to cold

And it hangs over us everyday

I wanted to rub it out

I wanted to re-write

It did not work

So now that question mark

Is maybe there

For life.

No comments:

Post a Comment