Friday 26 October 2012

England

I wrote this the other day. Its a bit diffrent from what i normally write. I hope you like it!

ENGLAND

A wise man once said

That if England fell

The world would follow

And now

Staring at the haze of action

The ripple of Vulcan

Smelling charcoaled flesh

Faces alight with

Looks of tortured love

I am deemed to confess I believe him.

My window of safety seals me in

From the drenched tide of massacre

But I can see the flames spread

To the tower

Where dear old jack cremates

Oh, if the gods looked down

At fair England

They would see a noble country

Seething with passion

As the gates home are barred

The blood lust despoils the grounds

Of my ancestress

Tearing the grandeur so hard fought for

Into shredded delusions

My room is burning now

But it seems I have a visitor

A raven he is

Treacherous and black

With a love for shiny things.

But I will not disfigure England’s pride

I will do my fair land justice

The window ledge invites me up

I see the throng still fighting

With a cry and a raise I throw and fall

Into the pools of gore

Through a haze of suffering

I leave my title

In the streets for beggars

I will not fool myself anymore;

A queen without her crown is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment